Sunday, April 12, 2009

'09 Stanley Cup Playoffs-First round, Columbus

First off, Happy Easter to those who celebrate it :) Now onto what is really important (at least to hockey fans).

The 2009 Playoffs have been set. In parentheses I will place who I think will win the series. I don't like to pick how many games it will be won in tho. It's a jinx for me.

EASTERN CONFERENCE
#1 Boston Bruins vs. #8 Montreal Canadiens (Boston)
#2 Washington Capitals vs. #7 New York Rangers (I'd like to say Rangers but Caps take it)
#3 New Jersey Devils vs. #6 Carolina Hurricanes (NJ Devils!)
#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers (Flyers!)


WESTERN CONFERENCE
#1 San Jose Sharks vs. #8 Anaheim Ducks (Sharks)
#2 Detroit Red Wings vs. #7 Columbus Blue Jackets (Whoever wins the 1st game)
#3 Vancouver Canucks vs. #6 St. Louis Blues (Canucks)
#4 Chicago Blackhawks vs. #5 Calgary Flames (Either or, I'd be happy with both moving on)



Detroit didn't end with a very high momentum this year. However, either did Columbus. With that being said, I really think whoever wins the first game of the series will win the series. If Detroit can figure out their blue line issues at practice and don't falter during game time, they should be fine. Osgood has been playing well this past month and I think once the second period of game 1 comes around, he'll be great.

Good luck to all the teams in the playoffs. Good luck Columbus, I look forward to a good series.

No comments:

Post a Comment