Now if the playoffs started today this is what the match ups would look like:
First off, I am disappointed in seeing that the New York Rangers would not make the playoffs and the Carolina Hurricanes would. I can only hope that the Rangers start winning and the Canes start losing. I am also disappointed in Dallas. I saw them taking the 5th seed in the West and that went down hill after the All-Star break. They'll be lucky if they get the 8th seed.
If the playoffs started today here would be my predictions for the playoffs.
- Boston vs Florida. 5 games, Boston takes the series.
- New Jersey vs Carolina. 6 games, New Jersey takes the series.
- Wasington vs Pittsburgh. 7 games, Washignton takes the series. (This would be Bettmen's dream series).
- Philedelphia vs Montreal. 6 games, Montreal takes the series.
- Boston vs Montreal. 6 games, Boston takes the series.
- New Jersey vs Washington. 6 games, New Jersey takes the series.
Eastern Conference Finals
- Boston vs New Jersey. 6 games with Boston taking the series.
- San Jose vs Nashville. 6 games with San Jose taking the series. (I can see Nashville giving the Sharks a run for their money.)
- Detroit vs. Edmonton. 5 games with Detroit taking the series. (If the Wings play playoff hockey it'll be 5 games, if not it will be 7 games.)
- Calgary vs Columbus. 6 games with Calgary taking the series.
- Chicago vs Vancouver. 5 games with Vancouver taking the series.
- San Jose vs Vancouver. 6 games with San Jose taking the series.
- Detroit vs Calgary. 7 games with Detroit taking the series.
Western Conference Finals
- San Jose vs Detroit. I honestly don't really have a prediction for this series. However, who ever wins this series will win the Stanley Cup.
So, those are my predictions. I will make sure to make another prediction blog when the playoffs are about to start. Now my question is, if the playoffs started today, what would your predictions be?