- Goaltender, Pascal Leclaire, and a 2009 second round pick traded to Ottawa from Columbus. Columbus aquires forward, Antoine Vermette.
- Defensemen, Jordan Leopold, traded to Calgary from Colorado. Colorado aquires defensemen, Lawrence Nycholat, and defensmen, Ryan Wilson, and a 2009 second round pick.
- Defensemen, Andy Wozniewski, traded to Pittsburgh from St. Louis. St. Louis aquires defensemen, Danny Richmond.
- Goaltender, Mikael Tellqvist, traded to Buffalo from Phoenix. Phoenix aquires a 2010 fourth round pick.
- Forward, Petteri Nokelainen, traded to Anaheim from Boston. Boston aquires defensemen, Steve Montador.
- Forward, Olli Jokinen, and a 2009 third round pick traded to Calgary from Phoenix. Phoenix aquires forward, Matthew Lombardi, forward Brandon Prust, and a 2009 or 2010 first round pick.
- Forward, Mark Recchi, and a 2010 second round pick traded to Boston from Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay aquires defensemen, Matt Lashoff, and forward, Martinas Karsums.
- Forward, Bill Guerin, traded to Pittsburgh from the New York Islanders. New York Islanders aquires a 2009 conditional pick.
- Forward, Daniel Carcillo, traded to Philadelphia from Phoenix. Phoenix aquires forward, Scottie Upshall, and a 2011 second round pick.
- Forward, Nik Antropov, traded to the New York Rangers from Toronto. Toronto aquires a 2009 second round pick and a 2010 conditional pick.
- Defensemen, Derek Morris, traded to the New York Rangers from Phoenix. Phoenix aquires defensemen, Dmitri Kalinin, forward, Nigel Dawes, and forward, Petr Prucha.
- Forward, Dominic Moore, traded to Buffalo from Toronto. Toronto aquires a 2009 second round pick.
- Forward, Erik Christensen, traded to Anaheim from Atlanta. Atlanta aquires forward, Eric O'Dell.
- Defensemen, Noah Welch, and a 2009 third round pick, traded to Tampa Bay from Florida Panthers. Florida Panthers aquires defensemen, Steve Eminger.
- Goaltender, Kevin Lalande, traded to Columbus from Calgary. Calgary aquires a 2009 fourth round pick.
- Defensemen, Kyle McLaren, traded to Philadelphia from San Jose. San Jose aquires a 2009 sixth round pick.
- Forward, Samuel Pahlsson, defensemen, Logan Stephenson, and a 2009 conditional pick, traded to Chicago from Anaheim. Anaheim aquires defensemen, James Wisniewski, and center, Petri Kontiola.
- Forward, Travis Moen, and defensemen, Kent Huskins, traded to San Jose from Anaheim. Anaheim aquires forward, Nick Bonino, goaltender, Timo Pielmeier, and a condition 2009 fourth round pick.
- Forward, Patrick O'Sullivan, and a 2009 second round pick, traded to Carolina from Los Angeles. Los Angeles aquires forward, Justin Williams.
- Forward, Patrick O'Sullivan, and a 2009 second round pick, traded to Edmonton from Carolina. Carolina aquires forward, Erik Cole, and a 2009 fifth round pick.
- Forward, Ales Kotalik, is traded to Edmonton from Buffalo. Buffalo aquires a 2009 second round pick.
- Goaltender Olaf Kolzig, defensemen, Jamie Heward, defensemen, Andy Rogers, and a 2009 fourth round pick, traded to Toronto from Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay aquires defensemen, Richard Petiot.
- Thanks to tsn.ca for the info.
23 trades were made in todays deadline; 2 less than the previous two years. Olli Jokinen being dealt to Calgary has to be the "blockbuster" trade of this deadline. Not many fans saw this coming or expected this to happen. It was a nice surprise. This move is like last years, Hossa to Pittsburgh. Calgary has now went from playoff contender to Cup contender with that one trade.
Now, I am a bit torn with the New York Rangers trades. Supposedly, Antropov will be a strong force on the power play, as will Derek Morris. Rangers do need help in the power play department, so Rangers fans can only hope that these two players will indeed help improve the power play. However, with the Morris deal I feel that the Rangers paid too much for him. They really didn't need to deal Petr Prucha. I feel that Dmitri Kalinin and Nigel Dawes would of been enough for this deal.
One deal that did not impress me at all was Guerin to Pittsburgh for a conditional draft pick. In my opinion, the Islanders got screwed over. Great deal for Pittsburgh however. I sense and rumor has it that the Islanders had a deal pending that would of sent Guerin to Washington but it fell through so the Islanders took the next best thing. Or Guerin could of said no to being traded to a certain team since he had to waive his NTC. But overall, I really feel that the Islanders could of gotten more than a conditional pick from Pittsburgh.
I am a bit surprised by Montreal not making any deals on today's deadline. Yes, they made some deals before the deadline but they were a team I expected and I am sure other NHL fans, expected them to make some deals in today's deadline. I think after tonights 5-1 loss to Buffalo makes them wish they made some deals today.
The one thing I am not surprised about is Detroit not making any deals. The team is pretty solid and when the Wings signed Marian Hossa over the summer that was basically their trade deadline deal made ahead of time. Ken Holland summed it up pretty well on mlive.com.
"I think our team is starting to buckle down and pay attention to detail,'' Holland said. "In the end we don't think we need to add any pieces."